Sandra Lee’s Pretty Petit Fours Recipe
Sandra Lee makes baking petit fours a breeze, with the use of premade jam-filled cake from your local bakery! Fun fact, did you know petit four in French actually means “small oven”?
- 1 store bought jam-filled bakery cake
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Food coloring
- Party-perfect petit fours take just minutes to make when you start with a purchased jam-filled bakery cake.
- Simply cut the cake into small squares and glaze with powdered-sugar icing tinted any color you like.
- For the icing, combine 2 cups powdered sugar; 4 tablespoons milk; and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Place cake squares on a cooling rack with waxed paper underneath it.
- Pour the icing over the squares.
- Let set.
- Glaze again if desired.