Peanut Brittle Recipe
Perfect for the holidays, everyone loves a classic peanut brittle! Enjoy with family and friends or give as a gift.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cup peanuts
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- In a heavy 2 quart saucepan, over medium heat, bring to a boil sugar, corn syrup, salt, and water. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Stir in peanuts. Set candy thermometer in place, and continue cooking.
- Stir frequently until temperature reaches 300 degrees F
- Remove from heat; immediately stir in butter and baking soda
- Pour at once onto greased cookie sheet.
- Let cool and break into pieces.