Easy Ranch Potato Salad
It’s 90+ degrees here in Texas and summer is in full swing. School is out and swimming pools are full of kids trying to stay cool. One thing you can always count on around here is a get together surrounded by barbecue.
Just last week my family and I attended a friend’s barbecue and it was fantastic! It just doesn’t get any better than the smell of burgers, chicken and ribs on the grill. They had a kitchen table filled with appetizers and sides. The barbecue was very laid back and going back for seconds was highly recommended.
For me, a summertime get together isn’t complete without a potato salad. I enjoy playing with flavors, so any type of potato salad works for me. My all time favorite is probably the easiest of all potato salad recipes. It’s the Easy Ranch Potato Salad. I added “easy” to the recipe because it’s so easy and impossible to mess up.
The next time you grill burgers, chicken or ribs, be sure to whip up a batch of this Easy Ranch Potato Salad. You’ll love the tangy flavor that you don’t normally get from traditional potato salad. It’s a nice twist on a classic dish and your guests will love it. Don’t be surprised if you get special requests to bring this yummy dish to future barbecues.
Recipe from Krystal Meller of NiftyThriftySavings.com
- 2 ½ lbs. red potatoes, scrubbed cut into ½ inch cubes
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 packet ranch dressing/seasoning mix
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- Black pepper
- In a large pot, place potatoes and just enough water to cover.
- Bring to boil, reduce to simmer until just tender (approximately 8-10 minutes). Drain and let cool.
- In a small bowl, combine red onion, ranch mix, mayonnaise and yogurt.Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the potatoes have cooled, toss with the dressing and refrigerate at least 45 minutes before serving.